2016 Volunteer Calendar Will Open November 4th!
Would you like to help make Bentleyville happen?! We need volunteers to assist guests in a wide variety of roles. Scroll down to see the available positions and the duties for when we are open to the public! For those who are familiar with volunteering at Bentleyville, click the icon below to access our scheduling page.
BENTLEYVILLE JOB DESCRIPTION
BASIC GUIDELINES – READ FIRST!
- Arrive at Bentleyville at 4:00 pm
- Free parking is available for volunteers in the Bentleyville staff lot in front of Playfront Park
- Dress for the weather, it is usually colder by the lake
- There is no smoking on the Bentleyville grounds
- Leave your purse/valuables at home, we do not have a secure area to leave them and are not responsible for any lost or stolen items
- Hand out marshmallows on sticks
- Stock marshmallows
- Greet people and be friendly
- Clean up and bag all trash at the end of the night
Parking lot volunteers should come dressed very warm. You will be supplied with a safety vest, a light baton, and a small communications radio.
- Keep people heading in the right direction
- Direct vehicles to open parking spots
- Greet and smile to visitors
Santa Line Helper
- Stand at the front of the Santa line
- Admit children to visit Santa in an orderly fashion
- When one child/family is finished visiting send the next to Santa
- Be very friendly to the visitors and visit with the people in line
- Assist people with taking pictures when requested
Santa Helper (Hats & Cookies)
- Hand out hats and bags of cookies to children 10 years and younger who visit Santa
- Assist Santa with any need he has
- Stock hats and cookies
- Put hats and cookies away at the end of the evening
If you’re looking for a fast-paced and fun job in a heated building, this is it!
- Make popcorn
- Hand out popcorn to visitors
- Clean machines, counters and floors
- Take out trash
If you’re looking for a really warm job, this is the place to be!
- Start fires at 4:00 pm
- Stock wood
- Maintain the fires
- Clean Marshmallow sticks
- Ensure that visitors are safe when near the fires
- Greet and talk to people
Food & Toy Collection / Greeter
A great position for those who love to talk! Chat with the guests as they enter and make them feel welcomed!
- Greet and welcome visitors
- Assist visitors who are in need of wheelchair or stroller assistance
- Collect toys & non-perishable food items for the Salvation Army
- Collect “Lost and Found” items
- Greet visitors
- Serve cookies, hot chocolate and coffee
- Stock cups, cookies and beverages
- Empty garbage
- Clean station at end of shift and stock supplies
Costume Characters & Handlers
This is a great experience, everyone should try this!
IMPORTANT! If you wish to be a character, you must also provide a helper for yourself. Please note that if you enroll as a character, you are signing up two volunteers.
- Arrive at Bentleyville at 4:00 pm to allow enough time to get dressed
- Stroll the grounds greeting children of all ages
- Pose for pictures with visitors